About the Role
DIVISION: The North America division provides Insights, Product, Promotion, and Digital solutions to global brands including Coca-Cola, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s and Mars.
COMPENSATION: In addition to the referenced base salary, it is expected that candidate will earn significant additional compensation through a commission structure. The potential for additional compensation is limited only by candidate's ability.
LOCATION: Creata is located in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois. This position is currently envisioned as a Hybrid (in office/work from home) position. However, employer reserves the right to require the position to be performed in-office on a full-time basis, without such a change being deemed to be a change in the employee’s conditions of employment.
POSITION: The North America Business Development Director (NABDD) maintains and expands relationships with a Fortune 500 client, will be an experienced planner and executer of growth. A “hunter” by trade but has the discipline to focus and ensure that landed projects are handed over and “farmed” correctly delivering ROI’s indicated in initial business development cases for each. They are responsible for achieving revenue and profit goals on current promotional products, in addition to increasing business sales by identifying growth opportunities in the current and new clients. The NABDD also manages client’s expectations against Creata’s capabilities, and is responsible for day-to-day program development, flawless execution, and back-end analysis on assigned projects.
SCOPE ANDRESPONSIBILITES: The NABDD will lead the development of new products, promotions, and marketing services for current and prospective clients.
Specifically, this position exists to:
· Lead development, sell-in, and execution of promotional initiatives for clients such as Kellogg’s, McDonald’s and prospects
· Serve as a marketing generalist, stewarding consumer insight and industry trends for the clients
· Lead value-based relationships between Creata and the clients’ organizations via resource identification and alignment, customer management and communication routines
· Direct and execute projects, including tracking budget, supervising internal team members, and following timelines in order to achieve outcomes as outlined for assigned responsibilities
· Prepare reports/ presentations of results by efficiently communicating critical learnings and conclusions in order to assess yearly revenue and profitability performance
· Lead, prepare and deliver client presentations and pitches for new business
· Write creative briefs that clearly communicate objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct internal teams’ work and creative development
· Direct and lead project management of active projects, from concept to delivery
KEY LONG TERM OBJECTIVES:
The NABDD will pursue the following objectives:
· Create winning plans that “capture” our strategic GROWTH targets providing an innovative development platform that adds value to customers, retailers, shoppers and users alike. Working as part of a passionate team creating true and measurable brand pull.
· To identify and commercialize innovations that make a difference to the Creata brand objectives and value
· Working with the VP and the team on brands to be developed, licensed or sold off in pursuit of maximum ROI and operating cash goals
· Hunter profile with proven previous experience
· A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field required
· Minimum ten years experience in marketing-related field or agency account service required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
· Must be detail-oriented and organized
· Able to be a team player and independent worker all in one
· Requires a strong understanding of the agency creative process
· Ability to recognize and implement process improvement
· Has proven problem-solving skills
· Can be both creative (can come up with marketable ideas) and analytical (can manage costs and profitability)
· A strong understanding of marketing principles
· International experience and additional idioms as a plus
CREATA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER