About the Role
The Licensing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the licensing department in managing and administering licensing agreements. This role involves liaising with internal teams and external partners, ensuring compliance with licensing terms, maintaining records, and assisting in the negotiation of licensing agreements.
Ravensburger is a family-owned global business operating across a wide variety of categories including games, puzzles, construction toys, book and more under, sold under its own brand as well as brands like Thinkfun, WonderForge and BRIO. Our North American team has a history of launching innovative new products like the Villainous Games line across a variety of categories, as well as nurturing the growth and success of evergreen titles like Labyrinth, Rush Hour and more.
At Ravensburger, we encourage the discovery of what really matters! The perspectives in our corporate family are as multifaceted as our product range. Our thinking and actions are geared towards the long term and sustainability, and thus we are looking together towards the future. Particularly through digitalization and internationalization, we offer our employees a wide range of development opportunities. Highly motivated, committed and well-trained employees are the essential prerequisite for Ravensburger ‘s success!
In addition to competitive total compensation and rewards, we offer a collaborative and creative working environment!
• Licensing Administration: Assist in the administration of licensing agreements, including drafting, reviewing, and ensuring that agreements are properly executed.
• Compliance Monitoring: Monitor and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of licensing agreements, including audit protocol, product rights, and other obligations.
• Database Management: Maintain a database of all licensing agreements, including key dates, terms, and obligations. Ensure that records are accurate and up-to-date.
• Communication and Coordination: Serve as a liaison between internal departments (such as legal, finance, category, and marketing) and external partners to facilitate communication and coordination regarding licensing matters.
• Reporting and Analysis: Prepare and analyze reports on licensing activities, revenues, and performance. Provide updates and recommendations to the licensing team and senior management.
• Support Licensing Negotiations: Assist in the negotiation of licensing agreements by providing administrative support, market data, and analysis to the Licensing Manager.
• Creative and Product Approvals: Support product and marketing submissions to ensure compliance with brand guidelines and licensing agreements.
• Proven track record of success.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with a variety of work groups.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively.
• Interest in improving processes.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills.
Education and Experience Requirements (Minimum):
• Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in licensing, legal, or business development, preferably within the entertainment industry.
• Bachelors degree required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of intellectual property rights and licensing agreements.
• Initiating Creativity: Approach challenges with curiosity and innovative spirit, treating potential setbacks as opportunities for learning and generating fresh ideas.
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrate respect and integrity, empathizing with others, appreciating different views, and taking responsibility for decisions and actions.
• Commitment to Quality: Strive for high standards, continually seeking improvement and embracing feedback.
• Building Relationships: Focus on developing and strengthening relationships, adopting a team-first mentality, and working collaboratively to meet shared goals.
• Passion for Pop Culture: Understand and show enthusiasm for the toy industry and its influence on culture, business, and fans.
The Licensing Coordinator position offers an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to our continued growth. If you are proactive, detail-oriented, and a team player, we would love to hear from you.