About the Role
This position is a key growth driver for the company and is responsible for re-igniting Littlest Pet Shop, one of the world’s most iconic collectibles brand which sold over 1 billion units in the 2000s. Key responsibilities include developing and executing the Brand’s global product and marketing strategy, go-to-market strategies and tool kits, collaborating with sales, product development, operations, digital marketing & marketing services, creative services and other cross-functional teams to achieve successful results that drive established revenue and P&L expectations annually.
This sought-after position requires a true self-starter with a keen pulse on today’s consumer across the globe, and a right/left brain mindset that can disrupt beyond the status quo. Having a passion for the consumer, strong leadership and relationship management skills are essential – along with storytelling, strategic thinking and project management abilities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Manage all functions of the global brand management discipline across cross-functional teams
• Create Line Plans and execute elements of the product commercialization process, including close collaboration with the product development team; assisting in driving the development cycles against the product launch milestones; managing product specs, costing targets, margin requirements while delivering market-relevant product solutions
• Identify consumer-focused product marketing trends, competitive threats and new product and packaging opportunities and strategies to drive growth of new and existing product categories
• Develop and lead global go-to-market strategies with turn-key solutions and toolkits; collaborate with key global market leads and distribution partners on effective localization of marketing plans
• Work with Digital Marketing team to develop and deliver paid content as well as collaborate on Social Media and PR plans driving awareness and on-going engagement with kids and kidult collectors
• Work closely with Digital Gaming/Experience partner ensuring physical and digital synergies throughout the development, pre-launch, launch and post-launch efforts
• Prepare product concept decks for presentation to Licensor while collaborating with Licensing Team on forecasts and potential new opportunities
• Collaborate with the Creative Services team to drive packaging, point-of-sale/merchandising materials and graphic design direction
• Manage Product Line information flow to sales team and key distribution partners, including sales collateral materials, presentations, competitive set data, marketing plans, and brand decks
• Work with global sales team and key distribution partners to support distribution channels, including channel management initiatives inclusive of products and promotions, in-store support, and key account sales presentations. Participate in developing account-specific sales plans for assigned Product Lines. Attend retailer business review meetings for key accounts, when necessary
• Monitor product activity at national accounts. Maintain an understanding of online e-commerce activity. Ability to analyze activity and provide product insights/ recommendations
• Manage all promotional and merchandising planning, collaborate with the Digital and Social Media marketing team to execute all promotional activities/activations, including PR, traditional media and all social media platforms and amplifications
• Track category trends and retail environments/channels; use intel to illuminate priorities and Product Line planning
• Direct the development and management of outbound communications materials, including, creative briefs, Web copy, e-commerce assets, trade show presentation and messaging, sales collateral materials, print and digital media platforms
• Collaborate with digital and social media marketing and sales teams to ensure Brand is properly represented on e-commerce sites/accounts
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing• Must have 8-10 years of relevant marketing/product management experience; 2-3 years in toys• Experience and passion for social media communication and global go-to-market management• Self-starter and can promote best practices for brand planning and management• Proficient in forecasting, POS sales, analyzing large amounts of data and providing the “so what” behind the numbers to drive growth, innovation/use for business cases• Proven experience in leading multiple strategic projects involving internal and external resources/partners• Practical knowledge of the product development and manufacturing functions as it relates to the product commercialization process• Must be able to demonstrate interest in toys and/or children’s entertainment products through professional or personal means• Strong presentation, written and verbal skills; experience with Microsoft suite is required• Highly organized and efficient. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.• Easily adapt to shifts in priorities; ability to manage several projects concurrently• Ability to work effectively across different teams, departments, and third parties• Experience selling /presenting to retail buyers, Toy category experience preferred • Experience in trade shows, product & lifestyle photography shoots, consumer insights• Ability to travel, as needed• Full-time on-site position located at our company’s headquarter offices in Boca Raton, Florida. Our office is in-person Monday through Thursday with the option to work from home on Friday.