PITCH • LEARN • GROW
Join us on October 1st, 2018, in Dallas, where top industry experts will help female entrepreneurs take their business, product or concept to the next level! Get one-on-one mentoring from the best in the business, who will share important trends and insights, and provide you with invaluable education, support, and guidance.
When and where is WIT Empowerment Day?
Date & Time:
MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2018
7:45 AM – 5:00 PM – Empowerment Day
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Cocktails & Connections (click here to purchase tickets)
Place: Dallas Market Center, 2100 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas
Prepare for your Empowerment Day experience by attending the Empowerment Day 101 Webinar on June 25, 2018.
What is the cost to participate in Empowerment Day?
- Empowerment Day is FREE for WIT members. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.*
- You must be a WIT member to participate: Join here ($150 1-year membership)
- You must purchase Fall Toy Preview Badge to participate. More information will be sent to you upon receipt of your Empowerment Day registration form.
- You are responsible for your own travel/hotel expenses.
- Cocktails & Connections After-Party – Tickets on sale now
NOTE: All Fall Toy Preview attendees and exhibitors may attend the Keynote and Walmart Buyer Panel. WIT membership is not required. (Lunch not included.)
* THANK YOU to Walmart for their support, and to Hasbro for generously providing lunch.
Special thanks to all of our presenters and mentors, who volunteer their time and expertise for this event.
Can I bring a friend or business partner to participate in Empowerment Day, and does she/he have to be a WIT member?
If you plan to be accompanied by a friend, relative or business partner, you must both be current WIT members and registered for Empowerment Day to participate. Anyone who is not a current WIT member at registration check-in will not be allowed entrance to this event.
Where are my hotel choices? Is there free hotel shuttle bus service to Dallas Market Center?
Click here to take advantage of discounted hotel rates through onPeak, The Toy Association’s travel partner. Most hotels offer free shuttle service to Dallas Market Center.
When and how do I register for Empowerment Day?
Registration opens June 15, 2018. Click here.
How do I register for my Fall Toy Preview badge?
Click here to register for Fall Toy Preview and to obtain your badge. Choose TRADE GUEST for Registration Category.
What toy companies can I pitch my product to, and can I sign up to pitch more than one company?
You may request pitch sessions with all toy companies – Hasbro, Spin Master, PlayMonster , Jazwares, and Basic Fun! Sessions will be scheduled on first-come basis, and you will be notified of your approved, scheduled sessions.
Does Empowerment Day give me the opportunity to license my concept to a toy company?
Yes. You will have the opportunity to pitch all toy companies for possible licensing deals. All will provide valuable guidance and information on licensing a product or concept.
When will I receive confirmation that my application has been approved, and how do I sign up for pitch sessions?
Your registration and Walmart Application (if applicable) will be time-stamped and reviewed upon receipt. Shortly after, you will receive an email from us with next steps.
Am I guaranteed a pitch session with the companies that I request on my registration form?
We do our best to accommodate all registrants, however registration does not guarantee a pitch session with any named toy company or Walmart buyers.
What is the process to pitch Walmart? How do I sign up?
To qualify for a Walmart buyer pitch, your product must be currently sold at retail, either online or in stores. Your company must be led by women or women-owned. To request a Walmart buyer pitch, you must complete the Walmart Application portion of the registration form.
How do I qualify to pitch toy companies?
To pitch toy companies, your company must be women-owned or women-led.
How long are product pitch sessions?
Sessions are 15 minutes, start to finish. Your presentation should be no more than 7-10 minutes, leaving the balance of your session time for feedback and discussion. Plan to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled session to preset your presentation. Please be on time to avoid losing your scheduled time slot.
Are the pitch sessions private?
Yes. Private pitch pods contain a table and several chairs. Electricity is not provided.
What should I bring to the pitch presentation?
Bring your product, prototype, concept drawings, PowerPoint presentation, handouts, etc. Electricity is not provided in the pitch pods, so be sure your devices are fully charged. For tips on how to pitch/present, please join the Empowerment Day 101 webinar on June 25. This webinar will be available for viewing afterward in the Webinar Archives.
What should my Walmart pitch presentation include?
For tips on how to pitch/present, please join the Empowerment Day 101 webinar on June 25. This webinar will be available for viewing afterward in the Webinar Archives.
Walmart really liked my idea last year, but they never contacted me after the event. Can I pitch the same item again?
Will I receive a contact list of Walmart buyers, toy companies, industry experts and speakers?
No, however, you will have the opportunity to network with all of our speakers and experts and exchange contact information at the event.
Anything else I need to know?
- Special Dietary Requests or Food Allergies: Individuals with food allergies or special dietary needs should note their request during the registration process, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to accommodate dietary needs. Requests made at the event may not be available.
- Code of Conduct: Event participants are expected to behave professionally. Obscene language, abusive or threatening behavior directed to any other attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff or building personnel is not conducive to a learning environment and will not be tolerated.
- Photo Policy: We will have a photographer onsite who will be capturing images during the event. Only photos of individuals or groups of individuals will be taken, and we will not take or share photos of any product(s). Please see terms and conditions on Empowerment Day Registration Form for further information.
- Cancellations: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend Empowerment Day, so that we can reassign your pitch session time slot to waitlisted registrants.
- Program/Schedule Changes: For reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to change program content, speakers and or pitch time slots. WIT is not liable for any changes.
Still have questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.