PITCH • LEARN • GROW
Power up! Join us Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at Toy Fair Dallas, to pitch your products or concepts and be mentored by top industry experts from all facets of the toy industry. Learn from the best in the business in intimate, one-on-one pitch and mentoring sessions, and get invaluable education, support, and guidance from those who can help you take your product or business to the next level.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You must be a WIT member to participate: Join here ($150 1-year membership)
- You must purchase a Toy Fair Dallas badge to participate. More information will be sent to you upon receipt of your Empowerment Day registration form.
- Code of Conduct: Event participants are expected to behave professionally. Obscene language, abusive or threatening behavior directed to any other attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff or building personnel is not conducive to a learning environment and will not be tolerated.
- Photo Policy: We will have a photographer onsite who will be capturing images during the event. Only photos of individuals or groups of individuals will be taken, and we will not take or share photos of any product(s). Please see terms and conditions on the Empowerment Day Registration Form for further information.
- Cancellations: Please email email@example.com to let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend Empowerment Day, so that we can reassign your pitch session time slot to waitlisted registrants.
- Program/Schedule Changes: For reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to change program content, speakers and or pitch time slots. WIT is not liable for any changes.
- Special Dietary Requests or Food Allergies: Individuals with food allergies or special dietary needs should note their request during the registration process, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to accommodate dietary needs. Requests made at the event may not be available.
- Travel/Hotel: You are responsible for your own travel/hotel expenses.
- Registering for 2019 Empowerment Day does not guarantee a pitch session with any toy company of an appointment with Walmart. We will do our best to accommodate all registrants.
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive a notification to sign up for your pitch session slot(s), if applicable. Pitch sessions will be scheduled on a first-come basis.
When and where is WIT Empowerment Day?
Date & Time:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2019
7:45 AM – 5:00 PM – Empowerment Day
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Cocktails & Connections Networking Event
Place: Dallas Market Center, 2100 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas
Prepare for your Empowerment Day experience by attending the Empowerment Day 101 Webinar - May 16, 2019. Click here to register for Webinar.
Who can attend and what is the cost to participate in Empowerment Day?
- Empowerment Day is FREE for WIT members. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.*
- You are responsible for your own travel/hotel expenses.
- Cocktails & Connections After-Party – Click here to purchase tickets.
- NOTE: All Toy Fair Dallas attendees and exhibitors may attend the Keynote and Walmart Buyer Panel. WIT membership is not required. (Lunch not included.)
* THANK YOU to Walmart for their support, and to Hasbro for generously providing lunch. Special thanks to all of our presenters and mentors, who volunteer their time and expertise for this event.
Can I bring a friend or business partner to participate in Empowerment Day, and does she/he have to be a WIT member?
If you plan to be accompanied by a friend, relative or business partner, you must both be current WIT members and registered for Empowerment Day to participate. Anyone who is not a current WIT member at registration check-in will not be allowed entrance to this event.
Where are my hotel choices? Is there free hotel shuttle bus service to Dallas Market Center?
Click here to take advantage of discounted hotel rates through onPeak, The Toy Association’s travel partner. Most hotels offer free shuttle service to Dallas Market Center.
When and how do I register for Empowerment Day?
Click here to register for Empowerment Day.
How do I register for my Toy Fair Dallas badge?
Instructions to register for Toy Fair Dallas will be sent to you upon receipt of your Empowerment Day Application.
What toy companies can I pitch my product to, and can I sign up to pitch more than one company?
You may request pitch sessions with all toy companies – Hasbro, Spin Master, PlayMonster , Jazwares, Wicked Cool Toys and Basic Fun! Sessions will be scheduled on a first-come basis, and you will be notified of your approved, scheduled sessions.
Does Empowerment Day give me the opportunity to license my concept to a toy company?
Yes. You will have the opportunity to pitch toy companies for possible licensing deals. You will receive valuable guidance and information on licensing a product or concept.
When will I receive confirmation that my application has been approved, and how do I sign up for pitch sessions?
Your registration and Walmart Application (if applicable) will be time-stamped and reviewed upon receipt. Shortly after, you will receive an email from us with the next steps.
Am I guaranteed a pitch session with the companies that I request on my registration form?
We do our best to accommodate all registrants, however, registration does not guarantee a pitch session with any named toy company or Walmart buyers.
What is the process to pitch Walmart? How do I sign up?
To qualify for a Walmart buyer pitch, your product must currently be sold at retail, and you must provide a URL link to your product page where it is being sold. Your company must be led by women or women-owned. To request a Walmart buyer pitch, you must complete the Walmart Application portion of the registration form.
How do I qualify to pitch toy companies?
To pitch toy companies, your company must be women-owned or women-led.
How long are product pitch sessions?
Sessions are 15 minutes, start to finish. Your presentation should be no more than 7-10 minutes, leaving the balance of your session time for feedback and discussion. Plan to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled session to preset your presentation. Please be on time to avoid losing your scheduled time slot.
Are the pitch sessions private?
Yes. Private pitch pods contain a table and several chairs. Electricity is not provided.
What should I bring to the pitch presentation?
Bring your product, prototype, concept drawings, PowerPoint presentation, handouts, etc. Electricity is not provided in the pitch pods, so be sure your devices are fully charged.
Walmart really liked my idea last year, but they never contacted me after the event. Can I pitch the same item again?
Will I receive a contact list of Walmart buyers, toy companies, industry experts and speakers?
No, however, you will have the opportunity to network with all of our speakers and experts and exchange contact information at the event.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.